Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Giving Thanks

CMTS

I spent a little time this past weekend looking through last year's blog posts, reliving dishes made and events transpired.

Starting with the death of our family dog, Sam, punctuated by my dad's passing, and three surgeries (1 for me and 2 for my husband) thrown in for good measure, it's been a challenging year. As 2011 winds to a close, I won't be sad to see it go.

But today, on this day, only one from Thanksgiving, I want to set sadness and frustrations aside. It's time to give thanks. Because while 2011 has brought trials, it also has seen tribulations.

Just last week, Purple Asparagus witnessed its most successful week ever. We ran programs in eight schools reaching close to 400 children in five days. The best part of this? I personally only taught two of these programs.

For this, I am grateful. Grateful to our sponsors, donors and volunteers. Without them, this success would have been out of reach for our small, grassroots, volunteer run non-profit.

So on Thanksgiving, I will raise a glass to say goodbye to the last twelve months and look forward to the promise of 2012.

To help your kids participate in the true spirit of this American holiday, check out my most recent post for NPN. Giving tasks to little hands help get them into the true spirit of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
blog design by brooksiedesign