Thursday, January 13, 2011

Purple Penicillin and the Flu

021

I’m so embarrassed.

I just looked at the date on my last entry and realized that it has over 2 weeks since I’ve posted a single word. My excuse? Well . . .

As I mentioned in my last post, we spent the week between Christmas and New Year’s Eve in Europe eating, sightseeing, and shopping. Unfortunately, since New Year’s, however, I’ve been preoccupied with less pleasurable pursuits. Fever, chills, aches, and pains filled last week. When I had the energy to raise my head off the pillow, I focused on the immediate demands on my time – my blog was not one of those immediate demands.

After lots of Tylenol, orange juice, and soup, Purple Noodle Soup to be exact, I’ve finally got my sea legs and typing fingers back. So stay tuned for some new posts and recipes including my reports from London and Paris.

[Purple Noodle Soup is chicken soup colored with purple carrots. Unlike other purple vegetables that lose their hue when cooked - purple carrots (pictured above) color every thing they touch despite their light yellow core.]

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
blog design by brooksiedesign